- Let's make your game feel more complete by adding a start screen.
- Games usually don't start with the actual game right away. They start with an intro screen instead!
- Because of this, we'll be changing how our game starts.
Bot Builders : Level Up Your Robot
- First, let's create a new backdrop for the start screen.
- Make sure to name your backdrop properly, so you won't get confused. Order them properly as well.
- Let's start the game when spacebar is pressed.
- Let's hide all the elements that should be hidden in the start screen.
- Right click on all your sprites and select "hide"
- Furthermore, add this code to all your sprites
when green flag clicked
- In your robot sprite, attached these after the
hideblock hide variable [time v]
hide variable [score v]
- At this point only your start screen should be visible.
- Since we used
when green flag clickedto hide the sprites, we can't use it to start your game anymore.
- Instead, change the event to
when [space v] key pressedto start your game. Attach showto make the robot appear.
- Make sure to change the start timer with
when [space v] key pressedas well.
- Make sure you also use
when [space v] key pressedto trigger the poo sprite and its clones.
- Now, add this block to your gold coin so it would appear when you press the spacebar
when [space v] key pressed
- Now, click on the backdrop thumbnail and add the following code blocks.
- This says that when the green flag is clicked, the start screen will appear.
- When the spacebar is pressed, it will change to the maze backdrop.
- Everything should work now. Try clicking the green flag and press spacebar to start the game.