- Hello again! Today, we'll be building your very first maze game!.
- In the game, your robot has to collect gold coins while avoiding stepping on poo!
- You'll be using a lot of
if () thenblocks to make your robot smarter.
- To get started, you may create your own maze and sprites, or download this starter Scratch project. Get Starter Project
Bot Builders : Program Your Robot
Build your first game
- If you want to build your own robot, make a top view of your robot.
- Make sure your robot is facing right.
- Set the anchor point of your robot to the center of its head (see gif).
- This will be needed as you'll be rotating your robot a lot.
- Lastly, duplicate your first costume and click flip left-right.
- This will create the illusion that your robot is walking.
- To create your own maze, click on the brush icon under "New Background" found at the left of the Sprites panel.
- Click on the paint bucket tool and fill your maze floor with the color that you want.
- Go to vector mode and use the line tool to build the walls of your maze.
- Make sure you select a different color and your lines are thick enough.
- Use the shrink tool on your robot sprite.
- Make is small enough to fit your maze. Trust me, you'll need a small robot!
- Afterwards, click and drag your robot to the starting point of your maze.
- Be creative with creating your own maze! You may even start at the center!
- Now, make two more sprites! Click on the brush icon at the top of the Sprites panel to do so.
- Create one sprite for the gold coin.
- Create another for the poo!
- make sure to shrink both sprites as small as your robot!