- Hey there! I hope you had fun learning sequences!
- Today we'll learn more about loops through making mandalas.
- Before we start, we gotta make our brush.
Junior Coders : Mandala Maker
Make the Brush
- We won't be using Scratch cat for now, but don't delete him.
- Let's use the shrink tool on the cat to make it really small.
- For this activity, the cat will be our brush!
- Now, let's try drawing with Scratch!
- First, let's use
when [space v] key pressed
- Now, attach
pen down. This will make your sprite draw where ever it moves.
- Try it by attaching
move (100) steps.
- Press spacebar and see what happens.
- Let's clear the drawing whenever we press the green flag by using this
When green flag clicked.
pen upand then clear.
- To reset the cat's position to the middle, attach
go to x:(0) y:(0).
- We'll be rotating the cat later on, so we should also reset its rotation by using
point in direction(90 v).
- To make sure the cat is small enough, attach
set size to (30)%from the Looks blocks.
- Your code block should look like this.