- To start a scene you usually use
when green flag clicked.
- Here we set whatever the starting scene will contain.
- Once we add more elements to our story, it always helps to have a reset feature.
- Using this block, add the elements you want to be seen at the start of your scene.
Junior Coders : What If...?
Starting a Scene
- Unless you want to start with a blank backdrop, go select the first backdrop of your scene.
switch backdrop to [backdrop1 v]to a when green flag clickedblock.
- Eventually, you'll be adding more backdrops.
- To know what you've added so far, click on the stage thumbnail at the bottom left of Scratch window.
- You'll be able to see a Backdrops tab instead of Costumes tab.
- Here are some of the blocks we use to reset our scene.
go to x:(0) y:(0)places your sprite's initial position. showand hideare used on sprites depending on when they will appear in your scene. switch costume to [costume1 v]to choose your sprite's first look. set size to (100) %is helpful if the size of your sprite changes over time. stop all soundsclears what ever is playing.